Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tool #11

Digital Citizenship is an important key to protecting our children as they are exposed to so many different people, ideas, and images on the web. I am so glad to hear such a thing exists with domains and expectations that provide guidelines and regulations for the safety of our children. All of the tools are great...and they require adult monitoring and supervision to ensure children aren't being bullied or bullying others, etc. Three things I would share with my students on digital citizenship are: 1) signs of being cyber bullied 2). cyber etiquette 3). credibility of what is being read. I absolutely enjoyed watching the Common Craft guy videos-they illustrated the point in a simple manner. I would definitely use that approach with children. I am so glad that digital citizenship exists. This is a great way to complete the 11 tools! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment